Saturday, March 7, 2015

Perfect Microwave French Toast in a Mug!!!-Expectations vs Reality ._.

Helloooooo again :)!!!!

-in fact you shouldn't be bothered by them ANY TIME.
It feels pretty nice to be blogging again :P
Is everyone eating more cake and cookies?
Anywayyyyy, I woke up today feeling totally RAVENOUS. But what we have today for brekkie in the boarding house was pretty devastating.

At least for me...because i've gone over that carb+milk stage in my extreme hunger
( in which I not-so-cheerfully stuffed my face with a whole loaf of white bread, and chugged down what was a whole carton of milk in one sitting ;) ) and now I feel completely sick at the sight of milk..
so imagine how I felt when I found that all we had for breakfast were plain cornflakes,milk, and weet-bix in the kitchen today.. ;)

WHY YOU NO THERE WHEN I CRAVED FOR YOU YESTERDAYლ(゚д゚ლ)


Thank fully though, I've seen a blog post about how to make PERFECT MICROWAVED FRENCH TOAST IN A MUG ;) AMENNNNNNNNNN. 


2 Minute French Toast Recipe ( IN. A .NUTSHELL.):
Ingredients:
Bread(any choice works)
One egg
A mug(preferably large)
Milk(three tablespoons)
optional:
Maple syrup (or any topping of your like)
Cinnamon powder
Vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Lightly grease the interior of your mug using margarine or butter.
2. Cube your bread and pile in mug(rip if bad mood or just impatient.)
3. Break egg in separate bowl. Stir in milk,cinnamon powder(optional) and one drop vanilla extract(optional). keep stirring until egg mixture is all evened out.
4. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let sit for one minute. 
5. Microwave mug for about 10 minutes first, then keep on adding 10 seconds until cooked to your liking.
6. VOILA!!


Expectations vs Reality?




Sooooo ...um, I tried out this recipe, and I guess it all went pretty well....
AT FIRST.
But because the recipe didn't call for the specific level of heat,
so I PUT THE MUG INTO THE MICROWAVE. ON HIGH.FOR 10 MINUTES.
It smelt sooo gooood for the first 5 minutes, but when I opened the microwave after it was done, the smell and taste was enough to make Bear Grylls run and scream bloody murder ;)
so yah.Let that sink into you for a minute or two.




Cookies to the rescue *_*

At the end of the day, what you eat at the start of the day really matters..( this sentence turned out to be some sort of badly pulled pun?)

Andddd the first thing i've learnt in ED recovery, is that eating what you like when you like it is realllllllyyyy important :))) and for me, that's a big handful of BH 'home *_* ' baked cookies, and a mug of hot chocolate ( NEVER a mug of burnt french toast).

Wish you all a happy week ;)

Keep on eating!!!!







Lily




2 comments:

  1. Good job on choosing to recover! I am also in recovery and have recently started a blog, so you can check it out if you want or email me at reachrach00@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel ;) I've read your blog, and you are doing an AWESOME job facing fear foods! I'll try to face mine too....I'm so excited on starting recovery, and more excited on receiving my first comment, and knowing people are watching my blog :)

      Delete